Tuesday, August 28, 2012

MAOTeen Week!

This week (August 14th-18th) was invigorating on so many levels.  I have truly enjoyed getting to know Elizabeth Fechtel and watching her give up her crown and represent America so well all week was refreshing.  She is an incredible young woman and I admire who she is and what she represents.  Elizabeth has made Florida so proud and I am honored to know her.  I can't wait to see what the future holds for this classy lady!

Cheering Miss Florida's Outstanding Teen Jennifer Stehlin on was a blast too!  I got to sit with the other Miss America 2013 contestants each night of competition and we had a wonderful time getting to know each other while rooting for our teens.  It was inspiring to watch women so young and yet so poised, intelligent and talented.  I left Orlando feeling much better about what's in store for the generation of girls coming after my age group.  There were future business women, television stars, singers, dancers, teachers, great mothers and doctors in this group of America's teenagers.  Their talents were astounding.














No comments:

Post a Comment