Friday, August 10, 2012

Camp Mary has come to a close...

After a wealth of fun, laughter, good food, Miss America paperwork and excitement, I finally packed up my car to head back to St. Petersburg.  It was bittersweet because I have had so much fun living with Mary and her husband Bill in their beautiful home but I also know I'll be back soon.  Mary is such a generous hostess and now I know exactly what former Miss Floridas are talking about when they say they didn't want to leave her home.

I left feeling confident and excited about my Miss America paperwork.  Mary always reminds me, the paperwork is the first impression.  One stray word, one misrepresentation, one grammatical error can make all the difference.  It may seem like overkill but we went through that paperwork hundreds of times doing our best to perfect it and tweak it while maintaining a vibrance to it that I think will be so important.  I can't thank Mary enough for spending hours toiling over these forms and making sure they were excellent.

I am getting more and more excited about Miss America's Outstanding Teen Pageant coming up in Orlando.  First of all, I can't wait to cheer on Miss Florida's Outstanding Teen Jennifer and second, I am eagerly anticipating meeting all of my fellow Miss America contestants.  I know new friendships will be formed and I know I'll learn so much from these young women.  It will be an honor to be in their company.

With MFOT Jennifer at Ann Marie's!

No comments:

Post a Comment