Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A trip to the dentist...

Miss Florida is so fortunate to have amazing sponsors.  One of them, Dr. Falco at Smile Design Studio in Orlando, has truly impressed me as a representative of a genuinely giving heart.  I came to see Dr. Falco on August 14th and I left with a new perspective on my smile...and a filling for an unwelcome cavity.

I knew Dr. Falco was a cool dude when I walked in his office and saw this guy...


Trying not to laugh, I inquired about the purpose of this drum player.  I was instantly at ease with Dr. Falco when he told me simply, "I don't really know what he is but I just like it."  Well, me too, Doc!

I had to admit to Dr. Falco and his assistants that I hadn't been to the dentist in over 2 years (jeepers!) so I figured things were going to get a bit rough...literally.  But, this group never stopped smiling despite a scraping/brushing/flossing situation that must have been anything but pleasant.  Much to my surprise, I only had one cavity so they patched that baby up and sent me on my way...with a numb mouth, of course.  I was going to see Mary Sullivan later so I was thrilled when my mouth decided to regain feeling again as I could only imagine her averse reaction to me not being able to speak.  Thank you, again, Dr. Falco for all of your generosity!



No comments:

Post a Comment